Friday, January 21, 2011

My apologies for the La Conner post

The video link didn’t work and I repeated myself.  I fixed the repetition but I’m damned if I can figure out how to get the embedded video to work.  So my workaround is to post the video here:

No guarantees this is going to work either but you’ll never know unless you happen to be online at exactly the right time cuz if it doesn’t work I’ll delete this post immediately.

Apparently that did work – no idea why it didn’t work before.  If you have the volume turned on the excitement early in the clip occurred when Marilyn thought maybe George wanted to go ondeck.  He’s actually turned into quite the little adventurer when we are tied up but so far hasn’t ventured outside while we’re underway.

3 comments:

Singing Land Cruiser said...

We ccan see you are having fun up there. Looks like Papa Bus will be stopping bye next Thursday for 2 days. It will be good to see them again. good to hear from you. M&C

Anonymous said...

Could not see the video, but that’s not your fault - it’s the low bandwidth connection here on the little DeFever.

Our ships cat has little interest in going outside when tied up, or anchored.

She likes to go outside when we’re underway, and sits on the flybridge in front of the compass. I think she may be just getting away from the engine noise.

Fair winds, smooth seas,

Mike
Merritt Island, FL.

Anonymous said...

I haven't actually seen this behaviour yet because I'm off in Idaho on a project right now. However Marilyn tells me that the brainless wonder will now sit at the door and yowl until she lets him out on the deck. Once outside he runs laps around the boat and peers longingly at the water. Eventually he finds his way to the flybridge from where he lacks the brains to get back down (canvas covers on the steps for the winter).