Friday, October 31, 2008

Went over to the dark side

I finally broke down and joined the crackberry addict group. And I can see why they are addicted - this thing is GOOD. My last "smart"phone was a Motorola Q and what a mournful excuse for a phone/PDA that thing was. I bought the Q because I thought Blackberries were ostentatious and meant for people who wanted to advertise how trendy they were. In order to uphold that dubious principle I got 2 years of misery trying to make the Q function. It was an OK phone, when it was working. Lately it had developed a habit of randomly shutting itself off. Sometimes it would go a whole week without one random shutdown and other days it would shut itself off four or five times in an afternoon.

I'd been trying to talk myself into spending the money on a new phone for several months and finally broke down and did it this morning. I actually tried to do it last night but ran into such a case of terminal stupidity that I just couldn't go through with it. This morning I found a really helpful pirate (Hallowe'en today) in the Telus booth and a very knowledgeable young man in the Sasktel Jump.Ca store. Much as I would have liked to ditch Sasktel they ended up being the most economical solution so that is where I stayed. Apparently now I can take my phone number with me if I decide to switch to some other carrier so it is a lot more realistic to switch.

I think we are finally going to get back to Nipawin tomorrow night. We have both pretty well wrapped up all that we need to do in Saskatoon so there is no reason to stay here any longer.

No comments: