Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gimme a break already

IlPappa

Pope Benedict XVI

  • At 78, one of the oldest new popes in history when elected in 2005
  • Born in Germany in 1927, joined Hitler Youth during WWII and was conscripted as an anti-aircraft gunner but deserted
  • As Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger spent 24 years in charge of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith - once known as the Holy Office of the Inquisition
  • A theological conservative, with uncompromising views on homosexuality and women priests

I didn’t write that – I shamelessly copied it from BBC Europe, Feb. 11.  I’m sick and tired of hearing the non-stop media blather about this clown’s resignation.  He’s the aging head of an irrelevant dogmatic version of Christianity.  His church is ruled from Europe but funded by poor people in Latin America.  And the guy himself is arguably a modern day Nazi who ran today’s version of the Inquisition. 

Tell me again why I should care that he retired yesterday?

No comments: