Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The only way it could have been better

……… is if the stupidest woman in the world hadn’t won her seat. 

OK that may be a bit harsh – she may not actually be the absolute stupidest woman in the world.  But I guarantee if they ever hold an Olympic event for stupid Elizabeth May will get an invitation.  And the voters in Saanich Gulf Islands will get honourable mention for electing her stupidness to parliament. 

However as my son pointed out last night one of the first things a majority Harper government has pledged to do is to remove the party per-vote subsidy.  That will whack the so-called green movement’s finances.  Since only half as many Canadians were suckered by the message this time I’m betting that nobody will really mind that we aren’t supporting their loony tune agenda from the public purse.

I’m not going to go for coffee for a few days so as to avoid telling the people around me how stupid they are for electing this woman.  Stupid is as stupid does and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

No comments: