That’s my trailer mover. It started out life as a quick attach plate on a pallet along with another one like it at a Ritchie Brothers sale. It was cheaper to buy the pair of plates than it would have been to buy a single pre-built trailer mover. A few bits from Princess Auto and an hour or so of welding resulted in a perfectly functional trailer mover.
The trailer mover was pretty well essential because my gooseneck trailer is a tight fit. I think I have close to an inch to spare. There’s not a chance I could have manoeuvred the trailer accurately enough with the truck. I might have got it in the door but getting it in the right spot so that I could close the door would have been out of the question.
The trailer won’t quite fit between the uprights on my lift. Its close – so close that I thought it might squeeze between them - but there’s enough brackets and hinges protruding at the back end to just barely prevent it from passing between the uprights.
I’ve been having intermittent electrical gremlins on the trailer so I want to figure out what is causing them before I put it away for the winter. Then I’ve got some service to do on the hoe and I think I’m going to have to build a cap for the truck. We’ve got a lot of stuff to bring home with us in the spring and we want to bring the kayaks back too. That pretty well means we need a cap for the truck and I just haven’t had any luck finding a used one that will fit. A couple sheets of plywood, some screws and some white paint should yield something ugly but utilitarian.