Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A serious navigatory error

We've been here before on the day they blow the waterlines. I would have wagered money that I wrote about it last year but I can't find any record of it. Today they blew the waterlines for 2009 so our days are numbered. They're going to lock the gates Thursday-week so we will have to move as soon as Marilyn gets back from the mine. She's leaving to go up there over the weekend and won't be back until Wednesday. Jorgito will be my little buddy again by the time she gets back. He's such a fair weather friend.

I've got a business plan to write for a company in town so that will keep me entertained while Marilyn is gone. I'll have to do a little travel in the course of writing that but I should have most of the data now. Its always a challenge getting a client motivated to provide the necessary information at the start of a new project and this one was complicated by the fact that two of the principals were leaving for an international farm show. However I think I have all that I need now so I just need to get motivated to dig into it.

We keep hoping that we will eventually be able to get the hell out of Saskatchewan. There's really no good reason to be here past October 1 even in a good year and this year has been anything but good. There's a miserable cold bitch of a wind blowing out of the northwest today which constantly reminds me "you're in the WRONG place, stupid". One thing that is a bit reassuring though is the fact that the trees still have most of their leaves and most of what they have is still green. Go figure. I keep checking Accuweather for Chilliwack just to punish myself.

I'm feeling strangely isolated today. Marilyn is in P.A. for some meetings and she has the trucklet. Yes, she finally sold the big white cop car. Some oldster was happy to give her $1200 for it earlier this week so we are now sort of a 3 vehicle family but since one of those vehicles is the cube van we're really just a 2 vehicle family and one of us doesn't drive one of those vehicles.

No comments: