Monday, October 15, 2007

Back in Nipawin

We got home around noon on Sunday. I had an FBA meeting Saturday night just outside Naicam. That got cut a little short when there was a major power outage in the Naicam area. We could probably have come home Saturday but it was nice not rushing to get home. Sunday morning it was so foggy we could hardly see across the road so we dawdled around for a while but it didn't look like the fog was going to lift. Finally we set out a little before 10:00 and took our time until the fog finally lifted somewhere before Melfort.

Now we have the bus emptied out, the water drained, carpet shampooed and scotchguarded. I am trying to find someone to change out the airbags on it before I put it away for winter. It has a leak that has been steadily getting worse for the past year. I couldn't find it so I took it to STC in Saskatoon and they finally found that both the front drivers' side bags are leaking. They didn't have the bags in stock so they couldn't change them & I was just as happy that they couldn't do the work. I should be able to find someone local who can do the work for 2/3 of what STC would think it was worth.

RJ & I had a plan all worked out to go to Medicine Hat together to watch one of Marlan's games but that fell apart when we discovered we were going on the wrong day. I'm still going to go watch the game but RJ won't be able to come with me.

We're counting down the days until Karla leaves now. It doesn't seem like 6 months ago that she arrived. A lot of things have happened since then - the time has flown by.

No comments: