Thursday, March 12, 2009

And the beat goes on

Today I paid my Sasktel Mobility account online. Then I went into Quickbooks to record the transaction. When I entered Sasktel as the vendor up popped an amount that didn't match what my account statement said I had paid last month. What the hell??? So after a bit of checking it turns out that Sasktel was trying to steal $106.27 from me. Maybe "steal" is a bit harsh - that implies intent and that would require a measure of intelligent thought that I am loath to ascribe to Sasktel. Its obviously just ongoing incompetence but the effect is the same.

For those who missed the original incident the details are posted here.

(update)
Sasktel claims that they didn't actually steal $106 from me - they just were too incompetent to get my payment posted for 5 days after it left my Credit Union account. Since their "system" is too primitive to let me see what is actually going on in it until over a month after the fact I have no way of verifying or contradicting what they claim they have done. Based on my history with them I am unwilling to take their word at face value.

No comments: