Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sasktel incident update

Regular readers will remember this link and may have been wondering whether anything ever came of it. Well not much did. Early this afternoon I got a nice personal note from Robert Watson's email responder person president.comments@sasktel.net In that note Mr. Watson's apologist accepted no direct responsibility for any of the havoc he created but hey, at least he responded. Or so I thought.

At the same time as I posted the original link I also sent an email to the Honourable Ken Cheveldayoff. I happen to have Ken's email address, having met with him on a few occasions and Ken just happens to be minister of crown corporations. What a fortunate coincidence I thought.

Less than an hour after I received the aforementioned note from Mr. Watson's apologist I received a note from Ken's EA acknowledging my earlier email and indicating that he had been informed that Mr. Watson had already contacted me and that the matter was resolved. Translation for those of you that haven't been paying attention (or those of you who are less cynical/realistic than I am):

  • Mr. Watson had no intention whatsoever of even acknowledging my existence let alone responding to me.
  • Somebody from Ken's office contacted Mr. Watson.
  • Mr. Watson either fessed up that he had done nothing or lied saying that he had already contacted me.
  • Either way I immediately got an email from Watson's office.
  • That's probably as good as I could have hoped for.

No comments: